Sunday, June 20, 2010

thought of the day.

I used to like being in the praise and worship team at my church. Just love singing praises and leading the congregation. I dont know why but I guess I just like singing, especially christian songs, a lot! Hahaha

But then not long after I started to get criticism from some of the people, saying that I'll sing out of tune and my voice doesn't sound very nice. And that I shouldn't even consider singing on stage ever again. So that kinda brought me down a bit. Disappointed to say the least.

But then again, now come to think of it, the reason I was being a vocalist on stage in the first place was to praise God, was to worship Him. And I know for sure that no matter if I sound like Kris Allen or a wailing banshee, He'll still love it. He'll still enjoy it. He'll take it as it is. He'll still think it's great.

And if the Creator of the universe, the King of all kings and the Lord of all lords thinks it's great, who are they to criticize? =)

Just a thought. thinkaboutit.

4 comments:

Jan Tie said...

it's up to us as to how we take criticism. we can either change for the better, totally ignore it, or go depressed with it. =)

i totally encourage u to go back to serve Him with your voice because you have the desire to serve Him. learn, practice, improve. He's waiting for your heart. =)

Unknown said...

Amen terry, =) d main reason we sing aint for people! =)

Evie Evelyn said...

we are serving God! U can either try to do better or juz ignore their criticism, some people critics because of jealousy..

Faschmer said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you, I think that singing songs to praise God is about the meaning and emotion in the song not the singing voice. I've been involved with music for 10 years, but there's a huge difference between singing Christian praise/gospel/tensing songs for God and performing for entertainment value...

Anyways they were probably just jealous of your awesomeness :P