Sunday, June 20, 2010

yello!

Haha finally I've got some free time to actually sit down and type a decent post! Allow me to summarize what I've did these past many weeks!

1) Celebrated my first ever teacher's day! As a teacher!

I actually got gifts from my students! How touching!! =D 
p/s: The school gave all the teachers a bunch of red pens as a token of appreciation. Obviously they want us teachers to work even harder by marking more test papers with those pens. 

2) Went to a christian camp called Freedom in Christ. Absolutely amazing camp. Best 3 days ever. 


someone was obviously fooling around XD

3) Had the opportunity to do an attachment at a hospital as a student. 
Thank God I was under two amazing doctors. 
One was Dr. Zamzuri, a malay doctor who can speak chinese, english and malay. And trust me, first glance at him and you would not even be able to guess that he is a doctor. Probably the most cheerful doctor I'd ever met! Once he was jumping while laughing in the OT. Yes. He did. 
The other was Dr John Tang. Louis' dad! hahaha he's a great guy as well. A very wise and smart doctor. Was not selfish with his knowledge and was willing to teach and give me advice even if he had a line waiting for him outside his clinic. But once I was sitting in his clinic and he was explaining stuffs to his patients when all of a sudden he shot a few questions at me and my mind went blank immediately. Thank God for quick impulses.


who knows if I'll ever have the opportunity of wearing a white coat ever again right? =D


in the sexy scrubs! but i never did actually had the chance to "scrub" my hands tho. always walked into the OT with my dirty hands.

Me: Hey doc what is this? *poke poke*
Doc: that is the appendix. btw did you wash your hands?
Me: ...is that important?

The small room in which I seek refuge whenever the patients decides to slaughter me because of some unexplainable reasons there are nothing else to do. =)

Overall it was a really great experience, even though some days may get kinda exhausting. But I still love the job! =D

Anyhoo that's all for now. Will update again soon!

1 comment:

Evie Evelyn said...

Hello terrence,
accidentally found ur blog.. haha.
Hand washing is very important for a doctor, we have a clinical test that day and my marks have been deducted twice because I forgot to use the sanitizer before touching the stimulated patient (^_^") It's important to prevent nosocomial infections (infections tat patients gt in d hospital, normally because of the doctor's faults)=D Juz imagine the doc didn't wash their hand and carry the bacterias fr patient A to patient B :) dangerous ..