Tuesday, September 07, 2010

this is very shameful

extracts from CNN's "Pastor weighing plans to burn Qurans amid U.S. warnings" (7th september 2010) - full report here.


(CNN) -- The pastor of a Florida church planning to burn Qurans told CNN Tuesday while the congregation plans to go through with the action to protest the September 11, 2001 attack on the United States by al Qaeda, the church is "weighing" its intentions. 


Terry Jones, pastor of Dove World Outreach Church in Gainesville, Florida, who was interviewed on CNN's "American Morning, said the congregation is taking seriously the warning from the U.S. military that the act could cause problems for American troops.


"We have firmly made up our mind, but at the same time, we are definitely praying about it," said Jones said.


"We are definitely weighing the situation. We are weighing the thing that we're about to do. What it possibly could cause. What is our actual message. What are we trying to get across."


What do you mean you are praying about it? There isn't anything to pray about! What you are doing is basically wrong and going against what the bible teaches you to do! Didn't the bible tells you to love your neighbour as one-self? Well talk about practising what you preach, pastor!


Gen. David Petraeus, the commander in Afghanistan, said the burning of Islam's holy books "could cause significant problems" for American troops overseas. 


"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort in Afghanistan," Petraeus said in a statement issued Monday.


Well then Mr preacher man, stop being so selfish and start thinking about those people! Is this the message that you want to portray to the peoples of the world how we Christians are like? Full of hatred and revenge?
then he goes on to say stuff like these.

"Our message is very clear," he said. "It is not to the moderate Muslim. Our message is not a message of hate. Our message is a message of warning to the radical element of Islam, and I think what we see right now around the globe provides exactly what we're talking about," he said.

Seriously, what a load of bullcraps! I mean, does he even know what he is saying? seriously? 

I am a christian and I am truly ashamed of these people's mindset and their actions. I really thought the bible thought us better. Whatever happened to love? Whatever happened to forgiveness? Why do I see so many Christians constantly arguing with atheists and such, shoving infos down their throat disrespectfully? Is that how you evangelize? 

I know, I am no saint, I am not perfect. But this is my blog and i'm just expressing my opinions. I just believe that some christians really have to look at themselves in the mirror and give themselves a reality check. I know I do need one often times, I admit. But do you?

Till then.

No comments: