Friday, August 14, 2009

thinking.

Anyway I just watched a report on the consequences from one of the most serious case of economic recession the world has ever faced.

And I've gotta say, I am feeling super blessed right now.



I mean like seriously, there are people who are homeless and living in shelters or erected tents in the middle of an open field. They don't have anything; no cars, no toilets, nothing. They basically carry all their possessions in a big garbage bag and carry it around everyday searching for shelters. On top of that, they are still jobless.

Which made me wonder how blessed we are. We are still here, still well. I have a decent house to live in. I am still able to go to school everyday and come home to an abundant supply of daily necessities. Even though my cars are old and starting to get crappy but I am still thankful that I do not have to walk to my destinations. I'm just thankful for the abundant blessings God has given upon me.

And it kinda disappoints me that at these tough times, even though the recession is not very serious here in Malaysia, there are still people who are desperate enough to spend within their means just to get what they want; just to obtain what they think it's 'necessary'. I know someone who would be willing to empty their bank account just to buy a Salvatore shoe. Even when his/her parents have advised him/her about not being able to afford such luxuries. But no, he/she refused to accept that.

I'm not trying to point anything out from this. All I'm trying to say is that I'm disappointed at this person. And he/she is as stubborn as an ass.


So what do you think? I don't think there is even a need to compare because if you are still able to read this blogpost then you should feel blessed with all you have.

Appreciate.

No comments: